Where you will find package and warehouse processing info
The DIM weight refers to the dimensional weight of a package based on size rather than the measured "gross weight". To price international shipping, carriers charge the greater of measured weight or DIM weight based on the size of the box.
DIM weight is calculated as (length × width × height) / (dimensional factor)
Dimensional factors are determined by each carrier, USPS may use 194 while FedEx Express uses 169. Your package DIM weight may vary by carrier for the same size box.
- Airmail Economy has a limit of 4.4 lbs. dimensions must be less than 24 inches in length and the sum of all dimensions cannot exceed 36 inches.
- Airmail Priority has a limit of 44 lbs. dimensions must be less than 59 inches in length and the length + girth cannot exceed 118 inches.
- USPS has a limit of 70 lbs. dimensions must be less than 42 inches in length for priority, 36 inches for express. Length plus girth must be less than 108 inches.
- Boxberry has a limit of 15 kg . Dimensions must be less than 1.2m x 0.8m x 0.5m
- AU Shipito Preferred Carrier has a weight limit of 50 lbs, dimensions must be less than 39 inches in length.
- EU Shipito Preferred Carrier has a weight limit of 30 kg, dimensions must be less than 300 cm in girth, and less than 175 cm in length.
All warehouses (California, Oregon, and Austria) provide storage time for up to 90 days. Packages not mailed out within these time frames will expire and not be visible within your account. If you fail to mail your package out before the storage expires, you have the option to purchase up to 28 days of additional storage time. When you select to extend the storage for an expired package, you will be assessed a fee of $7 USD plus $1 USD per day that the package has been expired. This will extend your storage for an additional 7 days.
- If your package has been expired for 10 days, you can extend the storage for that package for $17 USD ($10 + $7), which will give you an additional 7 days to mail out that package.
- If your package has been expired for 23 days, you can extend the storage for that package for $28 USD, which only give you 5 more days of storage, for a total of 28 days extended storage.
We make every effort to notify you of any packages approaching their expiration date. Please ensure that you have email@example.com added to your address book or whitelist to ensure that you are receiving these notifications in your inbox. 28 days past the original expiration date, the package will be considered
abandoned and subject to disposal.
Yes, you or a designated person (friend/family member) can pickup packages locally at all our warehouses. Please set the shipping method for your package as "Local Pickup." Ensure that your customs declaration form is complete and that there are sufficient funds in your account to cover processing or any other fees. You must bring a valid photo ID to pick up your package.
Hours for Local Pickup:
- Hawthorne: Monday-Friday 10am-3pm PDT
- Tualatin: Monday-Friday 10am-3pm PDT
Packages delivered to our warehouse require 1-2 days (Monday-Friday in the United States, excluding U.S. Holidays) to be received and processed into your account. If your package does not appear in your account after 2 days, then there is a possibility we were not able to process your package (suite number missing, shipping label faded, shipped to a name not associated with your account, etc.).
Please submit a support ticket providing the tracking number and any other additional information about your package to assist our investigation.
Normally there is no issue and the package will be entered into your account. However, if your package was delivered and is not entered into your account within 1-2 days, we will conduct an investigation.
If you don't see your package in your account within 2 days, please submit a support ticket providing the tracking number and any other additional information about your package to assist our investigation. There are additional fees incurred if your package arrives without the proper address, including your suite number.
We suggest you contact your carrier if there was an issue delivering your package. There are several factors that may contribute to an undelivered package. It's possible they delivered past our closing time or there was a collect-on-delivery (COD) fee.
Yes, we will email you once your packages are checked in and entered into your account.
After your package has been processed into our warehouse you need complete the customs declaration form. Once the declaration is done, the package can then be scheduled for mail out by choosing the carrier, insurance, and having the necessary funds available in your Shipito account.
Yes, please refer to our Prohibited and Limited Items
Yes, we charge a $2.00 USD processing fee for each package we receive into your account. This fee is deducted from your balance when the package is mailed out or disposed. To cut down on these per-package processing fees, many retailers allow you to request your purchases be shipped in as few boxes as possible.
For example, Amazon has an account preference titled "Group My Items into As Few Shipments As Possible," reducing the number of packages received.
We also recommend consolidating multiple packages into a single box before mail out to save up to 80% on the cost of international shipping.